Monday, November 16, 2009

Lately


Picture of Hailee getting ready for tap and ballet classes.


There are so many things I wish that I had more time in my day to jot down on this blog to share with everyone. Hailee is getting such a little personality. It's amazing that we have entire conversations and she speaks in complete sentences, it absolutely blows my mind to see how she has grown. She LOVES her little brother and loves to help take care of him and play with him. Last night, we were eating dinner and Nathan had cooked (thank you babe) and she told him, while we were eating at the table, "Mmmm Dad, this is good! Thanks for making dinner Dad."





Last weekend, I had left one of my towels outside of the shower on the floor. Many of you that know me well know that I like cleanliness, a little (okay, a lot) OCD about it. Well, apparantley, I have rubbed off on my daughter a little too much. She found the towel on the floor, brought it to me and said (with this look on her face) "Mom, is this your towel on the floor?" I said, "yes Hailee, it is. I was leaving it there for people to step on when we get out of the shower." She says to me, "Mom, I need you to put it away, I'm really tired of picking up after you, okay?" In that moment, I wanted to laugh but I kinda had this puzzled look on my face also, wondering where did that come from? Then, a feeling of pride, knowing it probably came from me. Ha!





Last night, we were reading books in her bed and saying our prayers together. She asked if I had to go to work in the morning. I told her that I did. She said, "Okay, thanks for going Mommy so that we can eat." Goodness, she is just too cute! She is just the most lovable and likeable little girl who is growing rapidly before my eyes and I am so proud to call her mine.

0 comments: