Monday, August 24, 2009

Today's My Birthday

I'm 27 years old today, that number is an odd reality. It's not a bad thing, just crazy to me to know that I am in my older twenties....approaching 30.

I celebrated last night with my parents, Leslie, Scott, Emily, Grandma, Grandpa, Nate, and the kids. Mom made my favorite meal and it was so great to hang out with all the family.

Nathan and I are going out tonight for a "kid free" dinner and I am celebrating with some of my closest friends throughout the week. I am so lucky to have the people around me that I have. I have been happy to hear Happy Birthday wishes on my phone or see them in my e-mail today from close friends and family. Thank you to everyone who has made me feel so special today!


"Waitin' at a stop light yesterday as a funeral procession made its way through the gates.
And it made me think about where I'm at on my not so straight and narrow path...
All the generous and mostly undeserved blessings that I've had.
I had an all-American Mom and Dad, some of the coolest friends you could ever have.
Found love I thought I'd never find...sometimes I can't believe this life is mine.
And I'm not planning on leaving yet, but the truth is, you just never know,
And if this is as good as it gets, I think I'm good to go.
Got to hold my newborn baby son and girl, and the hand of a man that's my whole world.
I've laughed so hard, I couldn't stop, seen the sunrise from a mountain top. No, I'm not planning on leaving yet, but the truth is, you just never know, and if this is as good as it gets, I think I'm good to go."

Above is a piece of a song that I've always liked. Yes, I know I'm turning 27, not 87, but I still really enjoy the meaning that's behind it.

1 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy birthday, even if it is a bit late.

30 seems young to me now. Remember when it seemed so old?!? :)