Saturday, June 27, 2009

ADA - Tour De Cure Ride 09

Me and Nate

Dad and I








Team Boeing
Dustin, Nathan, Courtni, Randy
We missed you Austin, Kendi, Chris, and Kelli!

This morning, Nate, Dad, and I headed west to Mustang at 5:45am to ride in the 3rd annual American Diabetes Association TDC ride. Nathan rode last year, at that time I was 5 months pregnant with Jackson, so this was my first time to ride in this event. It was HOT! I'm pretty sure it was near 90 at 7:30am when we began. It was a long 4 hour ride, hot and windy! I am very proud of Nathan and Dad and myself. We were a part of team Boeing and we collectivley raised the biggest amount of money, $6300, to help find a cure for diabetes, a disease that personally affects many members of my family, including Nate. Nathan was the team captain, so I was a very proud wife and fellow teammate. I knew he worked really hard to get donations and also to compete in this ride. Great job Nathan and Dad! I will also honorably mention Dad and note the fact that he had a bad sinus infection while he rode, but he pulled through and did great! I am proud of you Dad!


at the finish line...






0 comments: