Thursday, June 5, 2008

It's A Boy!

It's been confirmed... all american boy in my belly! I must say that I am still in disbelief. I was so sure for the past 5 months that it was another little girl, there was no doubt in my mind. Nathan and I went for the ultrasound this afternoon. The tech was getting sizes and measurements for about the first twenty minutes, and I was like, come on already, can you see anything? Well, baby was not cooperating and had his legs criss crossed for awhile. I moved around a bit and eventually he spread em. Then, the tech said, can you see that? And I said, uhhhh... She said that's a boy part there. Nathan said my expression was priceless and that he's gonna put it on you tube. Ha Ha Nate! The thought of a little boy just somehow baffles me, I have no idea what to do with a boy, I guess I was the same with Hailee. But, I was raised around so many girls, that's what I know...guess I'll learn, right? I have no choice. Really, we are both very excited and know that we are extremely blessed with such an amazing gift.


We told Hailee tonight and then she said, "I want strawberries!" (she loves strawberries now, her new favorite) so I know she hasn't a clue. It was pretty cute actually. Then, when I was laying her down for bed tonight, she kissed my belly and said, "night, night brother." Too cute!


I have a wonderful, wonderful family and great friends and people in my life, thank you Lord for all your blessings.


Here's a pic of the baby belly at 5 months prego...

2 comments:

Leslie said...

A NEPHEW! Ahahahaha! I can't wait! Congratulations, sis. I can just imagine Hailee's reaction to the news. The strawberries bit is classic!

Christine said...

So sweet! I love the "night night brother" story!! I'm sooo excited for you!!